Tortured For Science

Did you know that everyday animals are tortured and are even dying for you? Did you know that more than 100 million animals in a year die by drugs, food and cosmetic testing? The entire products we use are tested on animals. Do you think it is wrong? I know the answer is yes. Using products on rabbits, primates, cats, dogs, rats and mice is very wrong.
Animals are treated very badly when they are used for science. Animals are treated very badly by using toxins, shampoos, makeup, drugs and other chemicals on them. When some animals are done testing they might die. Sometimes after a test, the animal will spin in circles, rocking back and forth and even begin pulling out their hair and biting their own skin. The chemicals hurt the animals. Some of the tests are not even required and they still cause animals pain. Sometimes, if scientists use a product on animals and it harms the animals, the company will sell the product to the public. That is some evidence of how animals are treated very badly.
Animals can feel things like humans. Even though animals can not speak it does not mean animals do not have feelings. We know that animals have feelings because there are laws against harming animals. Animals feel pain and let people know by the sounds they make. These are some examples of how animals feel.
There are many alternatives that scientists can use without hurting animals. They can use computer simulation to test products in laboratories. They can also use the cells of an animal instead of hurting animals. When scientists don’t use animals and they use other ways of testing, it is faster than using animals for testing in a very harmful way. They can use human cells in test tube instead of real animals. Instead of cutting open cats, rats and monkeys for testing, they can just test on human cells. These are some alternatives to testing on animals.
In my research I saw rabbits treated very badly. I saw a video that showed very scared animals hurt and in pain. I saw a rabbit with his ear cut off and he was still alive. I also saw an animal with no eye and it was infected with diseases! Scientists use acid and rub it on rabbits, and then the rabbit’s skin will eventually turn raw and may begin to rot. Rabbits are also tested for disease. Scientists rub toilet cleaner on to the rabbit’s skin and watch them for weeks. Scientists don’t even care if the rabbits die. That is how animals are treated very badly, when they are used for science experiments.
Using products on rabbits, primates, and cats, dogs and rodents is very wrong. Everyday animals are tortured and are even dying. Animals can feel things like humans. There are many alternatives scientists can use without hurting animals. So the next time you use a product remember you might have helped kill an animal.
for more information go to
www.peta.org
www.wikipedia.com