Poseidon

There are many gods in Greek mythology Poseidon was one of the most powerful gods. He is the god of the ocean, horses and earthquakes. A lot of people in Ancient Greece spent time sailing on the sea, and they paid a lot of attention to Poseidon. Here are some of the reasons I like Poseidon.

Poseidon is also the god of earthquakes and earthquakes were very common in Ancient Greece. Poseidon is also the horse god. He is the brother of Zeus and Hades and also the brother of Demeter and Hera. He is the child of Gaia (Earth) and Cronus (Time).

Sailors feared the power of power of Poseidon. He created new islands. When he raised his hands new islands appeared and he calmed the seas. When he was offended or ignored, he supposedly struck the ground with his trident and caused big waves, earthquakes, drownings, and shipwrecks. Sailors prayed to Poseidon for a safe voyage. Inside the Erechtheion was the altar to Poseidon.

The sea god Poseidon or Neptune is usually shown carrying a trident. Poseidon and Athena were competing for control. He threw his trident and then sea water came. When Athena threw her spear at the rocks a tree grew. Poseidon had two brothers they were Zeus god of all gods and Hades god of the under world. He was moody and jealous of his more powerful brother Zeus chief god. His parents are Cronus and Rhea. He was known as a good looking fellow, he had deep blue eyes and steaming green hair.

These are some of the reasons I like Poseidon, he was one of the most powerful gods, sailors feared his power and he was always competing for control.  There are many gods in Greek mythology Poseidon was one of the most powerful gods. He is the god of the ocean, horses and earthquakes. A lot of people in Ancient Greece spent time sailing on the sea, and they paid a lot of attention to Poseidon.

2 thoughts on “Poseidon”

1. I enjoyed the article because it was interesting. I say this because he wrote very good things about Poseidon. I learned about other Gods.