Japanese Drumming, Lion Dance and Kung Fu

I started to join the club for the Japanese drumming, the lion dance and the Kung Fu on June 15, 2012. I met my teacher when I moved into my new house which is an apartment and we live on the same floor. He and his wife is really nice to me and the other students at the club. For example, they took me and the other students to places during the summer for fun. I still remember that it was a Friday when I joined the club because we usually have class on Friday. The next day, the teacher called me and he said we have a show and he needs me to go so I was so scared that I was shaking and my face was all red during the show, even though I was only playing the symbol. By the way, we had a lion dance performance. One thing that I leaned is about drumming is that only the female can play the drum and be in the spotlight and the male are doing the lion dance but if the girl is strong enough, she can also do the lion dance. I also learned that we have to know how to play the Japanese drum before the Chinese which is for the lion dance. I was a very weak girl when I first joined the club and the teacher wasn’t so happy about that because we have to play as hard as we can on the drum so whenever we play the drum, I played as hard as I can, I got blisters. Now that I’ve been there for almost a year now, I got much stronger than before and I had lots and lots of fun there.