Most Woman And Girls Feel That They Have To Wear Make-up To Look Beautiful!

Most women and girls feel that they have to wear make-up to look beautiful. There are many reasons why women and girls feel this way. Women and girls are told that everyday by advertisements that show beautiful women wearing make-up. Wherever women and girls go, they see these pictures and begin believing they too need to wear make-up to be beautiful. Women and girls need to start believing in themselves and that they are beautiful as they are.

Did you know that only four percent of women and girls think that they are beautiful? This makes it easy for people who sell make-up. People who sell make up use advertisements that tell women and girls that make up will make them look much younger and more beautiful. Women and girls are constantly told that using make up will change their looks and it will make them more beautiful. Many women and girls want to change their looks, since so many women and girls don’t feel good about themselves.  They believe that advertisements and wearing make-up makes them feel better about themselves.  Everywhere you go you will notice that there are advertisement of “beautiful” women wearing make up. These women in the advertisement look very happy and are usually having fun. If the women and girls will be happier, they are told they have to look like the women that are in the advertisement. Sometimes, women and girls might have scars on their face and they might feel that they look ugly. They think that they might look better with make-up on. When a woman or a girl has a date, they will put on make up because they think that their date will like them better. Lots and lots of women and girls will have pimples and they think it looks ugly and they might put on a lot of make up. Advertisements make us believe that covering up our selves makes us look better.

But, how do girls feel about seeing all these advertisements and things in media? Again that there are only four percent of woman and girls think that they are beautiful. When women and girls see other women or girls who they think are very pretty, they want to look like them. But when I was doing research, I found a video that is shows a woman model and lot of people putting a lot make-up on her. After she finished putting make-up, they took a picture and fixed her face with the computer. She looked like a normal person when she started, but when she left, she didn’t look like the same person anymore, and she didn’t even look real!  So if magazines, for example, show the women and girls things that are not real like the make-up on the models, it is very not fair because women and girls see models that are not real. But since it’s fake, they can never look like that and it’s just wasting their money for the make-up.

Now, how can we change this idea of wearing make up? Companies can help change these ideas. The Dove Campaign is a good example. The Dove Campaign uses people that look like everyday people and not models with lots of make-up. They don’t use supermodels and they don’t use the computer to fix real people and to make them look like models. Other companies are doing the same thing. For example, Fruit of the loom, an underwear company uses normal looking woman. Girls clubs in school is an other example. They are making girls feel more confident about their looks and they don’t need make up to be beautiful. The Dove Campaign and the girls clubs in school are both change the way of how people see woman and how woman feel about themselves.

Hopefully as women and girls gain confidence, a lot more than four percent will know they are beautiful. More women and girls and not like somebody else when they put make up on. Women and girls need to start believing in themselves and they are beautiful as they are. We don’t need make-up to be beautiful.

One thought on “Most Woman And Girls Feel That They Have To Wear Make-up To Look Beautiful!”

1. I am absolutely agree with your statement that we as women need to start believing that beauty comes from within and is not so much due to the different means created by the cosmetic companies, using exactly that women issue of having not enough confidence about ourselves. As a woman,who had a problematic skin, I had to constantly cover myself up before any going out and has caused me a lot of self-esteem issues,I have to admit. One day I was thinking how the guys who suffer from acne, never use such means of covering themselves and with scars or no, we women still find them for attractive regardless the imperfection of their skin, so I tried to not be so hard on myself and with the help of my boyfriend and family, I believe that I overcome this issues,so hope more girls will come to that realization. Nice post!